Directions & Hours
The New York State Fairgrounds is immediately adjacent to Route 690 just West of Syracuse. It is easily accessible from the New York State Thruway (Rt. 90) from the West and East, and from Route 81, North and South. Just follow the signs to the Fairgrounds once you enter the Syracuse area.
Our street address is: 581 State Fair Blvd., Syracuse, New York 13209
Our GPS coordinates are: 43.073857,-76.215708
- From the West – Buffalo / Rochester Area
Take the New York State Thruway (Rt. 90 East) to Exit 39, then follow Rt. 690 East.
- From the East – Albany / Utica Area
Take the New York State Thruway (Rt. 90 West) to Exit 34A, follow Rt. 481 South, then follow Rt. 690 West.
- From the North – Watertown Area
Take Interstate 81 South into Syracuse to Exit 22. Follow Bear Street (Rt. 298) to Rt. 690 West.
- From the South – Binghamton / Cortland Area
Take Interstate 81 North into Syracuse, then follow Rt. 690 West.
- From the New York City / Downstate Area
Take best route to Binghamton, N.Y. then take Interstate 81 North into Syracuse, then follow Rt. 690 West.
How else can I get to the Fair?
You can also contact Amtrak for information about train service during the 2014 New York State Fair.
- Gates open at 8:00am.
- Exhibit buildings are open 10:00am-10:00pm except on Labor Day when they close at 9:00pm.
- The State Fair Box Office is open 9:00am until approximately one hour after that day’s grandstand show time start. Pre-Fair it is open from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. weekdays.
- The Midway is open 10:00am until 12:00 midnight except on Labor Day when it closes at 9:00pm – closing time subject to change without notice.