Grandstand Ticket & Venue Information
Box Office/Ticketing Details
- The New York State Fair’s official ticketing vendor for Grandstand concert tickets is Etix.
- Tickets may be purchased:
- Online from Etix.com.
- By phone through the Etix Phone Center at 1-800-514-3849, option 1.
- In person at the State Fair Box Office, open 9:00am until approximately one hour after that day’s grandstand show time start.
- Concert patrons will also be charged a service fee of $3.75 for each ticket plus any applicable credit card fees. These fees will also be charged at the Fair’s Box Office.
- Etix accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards and debit cards.
- Etix is an internet based print at home ticketing service, but does offer an option to have tickets mailed. Tickets that are mailed are usually processed within a few days of purchase. The tickets will be sent from Etix.
- For print at home tickets, Etix sends a confirmation email immediately upon completion of the transaction.
- The Etix system selects the best available seat at the time of your order.
- When a customer begins the purchasing process, the selected seat is pulled out of the available inventory and held until the purchase is complete. If the customer decides not to purchase these tickets the seat is returned to inventory and released for sale. This may result in better seats becoming available.
- Any ticket selected goes into the shopping cart. Prior to checkout please remove any unwanted tickets from the shopping cart, as everything in the shopping cart will be purchased.
- Do not hit the refresh button when on Etix. This will bump you out of the system.
Free admission to the New York State Fair is included with the advance purchase of a concert ticket.
Many concert performers have ticket pre-sales for fan club members. Please contact the performer’s website for fan club information.
Secondary Ticket Market
The New York State Fair and Etix are the only authorized tickets outlets for New York State Fair Grandstand events. The New York State Fair does not sell tickets to any third party ticket brokers, nor do we endorse purchasing tickets from these companies. The New York State Fair cannot verify tickets purchased from third party ticket brokers as authentic and will not be responsible for fraudulent sales, illegal duplication sales or sales of tickets through third party ticket brokers. Bar code scanning will be used for Grandstand admission tickets.
The Grandstand consists of a flat track section, two elevated track sections and a three tier grandstand. Track seat rows are designated by numbers and Grandstand seat rows are designated with letters. First tier level seats are designated with a single letter (“A”), second tier seats are designated with a double letter (“AA”) and third tier seats are designated with triple letters (“AAA”). For additional information please refer to our regular Grandstand seating chart maps.
- All seating for concerts is reserved seating. There are no discounted seats for children. Children under the age of 2 may enter without a ticket provided they sit on an adult’s lap.
- The New York State Fair’s Grandstand is an outdoor venue with a roof that covers only the upper seating locations. All events are held rain or shine.
- There is no re-entry policy at the Grandstand. Patrons that exit the facility are not permitted to re-enter.
- The Grandstand has stairs to all three tiers, with a ramp to the first tier only.
There may be a limit on the number of tickets that one individual may purchase during a single transaction.
The Grandstand has a three tier price structure, indicated by Price Level 1 (PL1), Price Level 2 (PL2) and Price Level 3 (PL3).
- PL1 consists of the flat track seats and the elevated track seating.
- PL2 consists of the center two sections of the grandstand.
- PL3 consists of the seats located in Section #1 and #4 in the grandstand.
Please refer to our Grandstand seating chart maps for additional information.
Security Check/Bag Policy
Bags, backpacks and purses are permitted into the Grandstand after completing a security check prior to entering the facility. No professional cameras or recording devices are permitted. Concert goers will not be permitted entry with these items.
No outside food or beverages are allowed into the Grandstand. Patrons will be asked to finish or dispose of items prior to entering the Grandstand.
Food, Drink and Artist Merchandise
Food, drinks, beer and artist merchandise are available for purchase in the Grandstand.
Accessible seating areas are located on the track in elevated boxes or in the Grandstand. Seating for the visually impaired, hearing impaired and those requiring an interpreter are located on the flat track near the stage. Tickets may be purchased from Etix.com or at the New York State Fair Box Office. Please refer to our Grandstand seating chart maps for additional information.
Smoking is not allowed in the Grandstand except in designated smoking areas.