Requests for Donations
The New York State Fair is proud to support the efforts of organizations and is pleased to consider a donation request from eligible organizations.
Please note the following information on our donation program:
- The Fair only makes donations to organizations that are certified as non-profit under section 501(c)(3) of the Federal Internal Revenue Code. The Fair requires the IRS’s determination letter as proof of 501(c)(3) status.
- Our customary donation is eight daily admission tickets – valid for any day of the 2015 State Fair.
- Requests must be received at least four weeks prior to the event date to be considered.
- One request per organization will be accepted within a calendar year.
- Requests are filled on a first come, first serve basis. Since the New York State Fair has a limited allocation of admission tickets for donations, and due to the large volume of requests that are received, it may not be possible to support all requests.
- Donations must be picked up at the New York State Fair Administration Building in Syracuse, New York unless other arrangements are made.
- Donations will only be released to an employee of the requesting organization; when picking up tickets bring a copy of the donation confirmation email sent from the New York State Fair.
- Tickets for grandstand concerts or other special events are not available for donation. The New York State Fair does not make monetary donations.
We offer an online request form to download to assist your organization in submitting a donation request. This form will help provide a more timely response to requests through electronic communication.
Prior to beginning the application process, we recommend that you have on hand the information listed below.
- Your organization’s legal name. This could be the name of a DBA, or a chapter that operates under the national organization’s Federal EIN number and 501(c)(3) status.
- Your 501(c)(3) non-profit U.S. Tax ID number (EIN), or for schools, your NCES ID. If you do not know your organization’s U.S. Tax ID number (EIN), you can contact the IRS toll-free at: 1.877.829.5500. If you do not know your NCES ID you can visit the NCES website.
- The name of the organization’s Executive Director, CEO, Principal or other lead executive.
- Your organization’s current address, primary telephone, and email information.
- Name and description of the event you are requesting support for and event date.
- IRS Determination letter.
If you have additional questions or need more information about our donation program, please contact the New York State Fair at 315.487.7711 ext. 1242.