Singer, Songwriter, and Dancer is One of Music’s Hottest Stars
It’ll be a non-stop party on the stage at Chevy Court when one of popular music’s hottest performers brings his show to the Great New York State Fair. Jason Derulo takes the stage at 8:00 p.m. on Friday, August 22, Acting State Fair Director Troy Waffner announced today.
In his short career, Jason Derulo has proven to be a contender with pop music’s biggest hitters, and his rise to fame isn’t slowing down yet. Jason’s latest single “Talk Dirty” (featuring 2 Chainz) is his most successful track to date having sold over 5 million singles throughout the world, and has garnered more than 190 million views on YouTube.
Success hasn’t always come easy for the 24-year-old pop singer. After a string of career defining hit singles including “Whatcha Say,” “In My Head,” “Ridin’ Solo,” “Don’t Wanna Go Home” and “It Girl,” Derulo suffered a catastrophic neck injury, which forced him to rehabilitate himself both mentally and physically. He released his comeback record “The Other Side” from his newly announced Tattoos EP in May, 2013, which became radio’s #1 most added record of the year and set Derulo on a new and re-energized path. Inspired by the success of “Talk Dirty,” Jason headed back to the studio to polish off his third U.S. studio effort, aptly titled Talk Dirty, recalibrating the collection of songs released on Tattoos. 2 Chainz, Snoop Dogg, Tyga, Jordin Sparks, Kid Ink, and Pitbull all lend their talents to Talk Dirty.
Derulo’s career started after penning hits for the likes of Lil Wayne, Pitbull, Diddy, Sean Kingston, Cassie, and Danity Kane at age 16. Following his 2009 self-titled debut, the Miami native has since received nods from the Teen Choice Awards, the MTV Europe Music Awards, the MOBO Awards, and five honors at the BMI Pop Awards including Songwriter of the Year in 2011.
“This will be a great show for fans of current pop music and I know Jason Derulo will show fairgoers a terrific time. I encourage everyone to come to the Fair to enjoy his show and all of our dozens of great musical performances on all stages,” said Waffner.
Concerts on Chevy Court are presented by Chevrolet.
Acts previously announced for the Chevy Court stage include:
- Kellie Pickler, at 2:00 p.m., Thursday, August 21
- Barenaked Ladies, at 8:00 p.m., Thursday, August 21
- Smash Mouth, at 2:00 p.m., Friday, August 22
- The Bacon Brothers, at 8:00 p.m., Saturday, August 23
- Young The Giant, at 8:00 p.m., Sunday, August 24
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, at 2:00 p.m., Monday, August 25
- John Kay and Steppenwolf, at 8:00 p.m., Monday, August 25
- Bowzer’s Rock & Roll Party, at 2:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 26
- Night Ranger, at 8:00 p.n., Tuesday, August 26
- Chef Anne Burrell, at 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 27
- Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, at 8:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 27
- Angie Johnson, at 2:00 p.m., Thursday, August 28
- The Eli Young Band, at 8:00 p.m., Thursday, August 28
- Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes, at 8:00 p.m., Friday, August 29
- The Doobie Brothers, at 6:00 p.m., Monday, September 1
At the Grandstand, very limited tickets remain available for the Saturday, Aug. 30 concert by Jason Aldean with Florida Georgia Line and Tyler Farr. Tickets remain available for:
- Brad Paisley with Randy Houser, Charlie Worsham, and Leah Turner, on Thursday, August 21
- Pitbull, on Saturday, August 23
- Kid Rock, on Monday, August 25
- Train with The Wallflowers, on Tuesday, August 26
- Carrie Underwood, on Wednesday, August 27
- Journey with Cheap Trick, on Thursday, August 28
The New York State Fair, operated by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets, runs from August 21 – September 1, 2014. The Fair’s mission, reflected in its 2014 theme, “Summer’s Best in Show,” is to showcase the best of New York agriculture while providing top-quality entertainment. This year’s tagline – “New Attractions, Old Favorites, Timeless Fun” – highlights the more than two dozen new events and attractions and the expansion or enhancement of several Fairgoer favorites.
In addition to the annual New York State Fair, the Fairgrounds host dozens of agricultural events throughout the year, including some of the Northeast’s most prestigious horse and livestock shows.
The home of the Great New York State Fair is a 375-acre exhibit and entertainment complex that operates all year. A year-round schedule of events is available on the Fair’s website. Find The Great New York State Fair on Facebook, follow @NYSFair on Twitter, and enjoy photos from the Fair at Flickr.com/photos/nysfair. Also, New Yorkers are invited to send their ideas for the Great New York State Fair at firstname.lastname@example.org.